Download HydrogenOS Developer Preview 2 For Oneplus 8 Series.
Few days back,Oneplus CEO Announced the release of HydrogenOS Developer Preview 2 For Oneplus 8 Series on 10th August 2020 in China. Today, in an online event Oneplus released Developer Preview 2 based on HydrogenOS for Oneplus 8 series.
On Oneplus community forum, company has officially posted the announcement.Android 11 Developer Preview 2 is an early adopter version and is still in development stage. So, users might face some issues and bugs.
Before downloading and installing the Developer Preview 2 based on HydrogenOS for Oneplus 8 series, make sure to take complete backp of your device.
Some of the early Known Issues are:
- Some third-party applications may not function properly
- The system may exist in some stability problems
at the network
- There may be part of the scene stability problems
close OEM Unlock
- Before the proposed upgrade
before upgrading back up important data
Update log of DP 2 HydrogenOS 11 for Oneplus 8 Series:
• Overall visual refresh (including more immersive weather, more comfortable browsing of photo albums and notes, etc.)
• Fully optimize the large-screen operating experience, comfortable and convenient with one hand
• Built-in two brand-new fonts (Cang Er Jin Kai, Huakang Round Type), OnePlus Ying Hei font is upgraded to OnePlus Sans
• Added a new live wallpaper, combined with the time point of sunrise to sunset, the color of the wallpaper changes accordingly, echoing the changes in the sky
Information screen display
• Added the function of constant light display on the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/all day. The setting method is: setting-display-the screen display is always on
• Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display. 10 clocks are available for the regular style. The setting method is: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style
• Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut settings to open
• The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period. The setting method is: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time opening
• Added three new themes (ocean, space, grassland) and provide more duration options
• Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together
• The smart album newly supports a week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to retain memories.
• Add OnePlus mutual transfer, quickly share files to surrounding devices, support OPPO, vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu and other brands
How to install from stable version of OnePlus 8 /8 Pro to Android 11 DP2 (Hydrogen OS 11)
1. Before upgrading the mobile phone system, it is recommended to use OnePlus to back up mobile phone data.
If you use OnePlus Moving to back up data, the recommended operation path is:
a. Choose OnePlus Move -> Backup and Restore -> New Backup -> Backup Complete;
b. Connect the phone to the computer -> enter the phone folder -> internal storage space -> copy the opbackup folder -> copy and save the folder to a computer or other storage device;
c. After successfully flashing back to the stable version, copy the opbackup folder back to the root directory of the phone -> OnePlus Move -> Backup and Restore -> Restore the backup.
2. Download the latest ROM upgrade compression package from the designated server
3. Copy the ROM upgrade compression package to the phone storage
4. Settings -> System upgrade -> upper right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade now -> The system upgrade is completed to 100%
5. Choose to restart
6. After restarting, successfully upgrade the Android 11 DP2 (Hydrogen OS 11) version
Rollback to stable version of OnePlus 8 /8 Pro from Android 11 DP2 (Hydrogen OS 11)
This upgrade method will erase all content in the phone, please make sure to back it up first. Because the developer preview version is still being improved, some applications will be deleted after the stable version is refreshed and can be restored through subsequent OTA upgrades (if the first OTA upgrade fails, please follow the system prompts for the second OTA upgrade).
1. Download the downgrade package from the designated download address
2. Copy to the root directory (if you download directly to the root directory, please ignore this step)
3. Settings -> System Upgrade -> Upper right corner icon -> Local Upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade now -> System upgrade completed to 100%
4. Select Restart
5. After restarting, successfully upgrade to the stable version