Enable OxygenOS Horizon Light notification feature on OnePlus 6T.
Oneplus finally launched their much awaited feature ” Always on Display ” mode with their latest OxygenOS 11 developer preview builds for Oneplus 8 series. The company has also promised to bring this feature in other Oneplus devices also. However, the company did skip backporting the “Horizon Light” notification feature to the OnePlus 6T.
OnePlus “Horizon Light” feature is used to show a pulse on both sides of the display when a notification arrives. This edge lighting functionality is available on all OnePlus phones with curved screens starting with the OnePlus 7 Pro, but not on the OnePlus Nord.
XDA Senior Member mcdachpappe has now come up with a Magisk Module that can enable Horizon Light on the OnePlus 6T. This module replaces the stock System UI APK of OxygenOS with a modified one. After flashing the module via Magisk Manager, the edges of your OnePlus 6T should light up five times per notification.
The color of the pulse corresponds to the color of the app-icon which generates the notification, e.g. green for WhatsApp. There is no user interface for this mod, though, so you can’t modify the hardcoded parameters (lighting frequency, color, etc.).
- Device: OnePlus6T
- ROM: OxygenOS 10
- Magisk: Magisk v20.4
- Settings: Ambient display notifications must be enabled [Settings – Display – Ambient Display – New notifications]
- Ensure that you are on OxygenOS
- Ensure that you have installed Magisk
- Install Overlay Mount Fix via: ‘Magisk – Downloads’
- Install this mod via Magisk manager via: ‘Magisk – Modules – select the ‘+’ symbol’
- Reboot your device
- Enable/Re-enable display notifications in: ‘Settings – Display – Ambient Display – New notifications’
If you have oneplus 8 or 8 Pro you can download Oxygen OS 11 and install it on any of you Oneplus 8 device
Update log of DP 3 OxygenOS 11 for Oneplus 8 Series:
- New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
- New layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
- Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
- Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
- Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
- 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
- New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos