Energy Notch (camera notch) as battery indicator for OnePlus 6T.
Energy Notch is an app developed by IJP who has also developed metering apps such as Energy Bar and Energy Ring for a number of devices.If you want to cut your battery indicator from the status bar, but still want to know battery status then this app comes in handy.
Energy Notch is designed for Oneplus 6T.Among the various settings offered by the app,users can toggle on the brush thickness.The app is currently under beta testing,thus one might except some issues.
Users can control or change colors, level segmenting and charging animations as per their need through a panel at the bottom of the screen.
Energy Notch not only indicate the current battery level but also adds an accent to your phone’s camera notch.When the battery is fully charged, Notch will appear like an arc around the entire camera notch.As the battery level decrease,so does the notch arc.
As of now,users have access to only one notch style for free.For multi-color segments and gradients, they’ll need to make an in-app donation of at least $2.49.
The app currently supports just OnePlus 6T but we can expect the compatibility expansion to devices with similar “waterfall-type” notches.
Some Features of Energy Notch
- Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
- Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
- Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
- Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
- Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
- Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
- You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
- Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device
Energy Notch puts 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep.The Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen.
Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read or monitor any data.