What is an Android system app? System apps are pre-installed apps in the system partition with your ROM. In other words, a system app is simply an app placed under /system/app folder on an Android device & Users cannot directly install or uninstall apps to/from it. Apps such as camera, settings, messages, Google Play Store, etc. come pre-installed with the phone and manufacturers do not generally provide an option to remove such apps as this might impact the functioning of your device. If you want to remove a system app you need to root your device first.
What is a Non-System APP?
Non-system/third-party/User apps are apps downloaded from Google Play Store or sideloaded with an APK file.
A non-system app is installed under /data/app folder and has read, write privileges. If there are apps that you have installed but you no longer use, you can simply uninstall them to free up storage space.
Here we have a guide by which a few system apps can be disabled/uninstalled using adb method.
- Windows PC
- Proper Adb drivers Installed (Follow this guide to Install ADB driver): Guide
- Adb app Control: Xda Download
ADB AppControl – the desktop program, that will allow you to easily manage applications on your android device. You can disable unwanted pre-installed system apps and bloatware, or install new ones using a modern graphical interface. The program includes many useful tools and tweaks which allow you to get a better experience with your device. This is exactly the tool that you will use for many years – after trying ADB AppControl you will see that working with applications via ADB has never been so easy.
Features of ADB app Control
- Disable and uninstall applications without root
- Multiple apps installing
- Saving APK files of installed apps
- Full Split Support (.apks)
- Debloat wizard
- Permissions Manager
- Permission grants for popular applications (Tasker, MacroDroid, etc.)
- Saving and loading applications list-presets
- Quick search on Google Play, ApkMirror, F-Droid, and others
- Changing the screen resolution and DPI
- Hiding icons in the status bar
- Device remotely control via script
- Creating screenshots of the device screen
- Quick reboot in recovery and bootloader
- ADB console with quick commands
- Fastboot support
- Logcat logs
- Simple file upload
- Taking screenshots
Using Adb app tool is quite easy, download the tool and run. Later connect your device to PC and enable USB debugging device will be recognized and you get to see all the app insulting system & thrid party app, Just select the app which needs to be removed or disabled. If any issues just follow below video guide.