How to Restore Widevine L1 certificate on Oneplus Smartphone – Restore Widevine L1.
What is Widevine?
Google Widevine DRM is pre-integrated with Google Chrome, Chromium, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, Android mobile, STBs, and smart TVs. Licensing of UHD and early window content is enabled through integration with the hardware security and media capabilities of the device.
Widevine is also the default DRM for Android TV Operator Tier, which means operators can go to market without complex DRM integrations. Note that this is not true for the “other Android TV”, based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which can use other DRMs than Widevine but may require more integration and testing.
Adaptive bitrate streaming formats that can be used with Google’s Widevine DRM include MPEG-DASH, Common Media Application Format (CMAF), and HLS. Support for standards-based Common Encryption (CENC; ISO/IEC 23001-7:2016) offers the advantage that a single protected file-set can be streamed to multiple devices, regardless of the DRM system they support, eliminating the need to create and store multiple file-sets.
Most Oneplus users are facing issues related to Widevine certification on Oneplus smartphones after some OTA updates. Here is the fix to it and following this guide any Oneplus smartphone will can be restored to Widevine L1 Certification.
- Unbrick/MSM tool: Here we have a List of All Unbrick/MSM tool
Note: If you guys have any issues using Unbrick tool, make sure all the related drivers are updated for eg: Qualcomm/fastboot (Here we have video of Fixing/updating fastboot or Qualcomm drivers): Video
Steps to flash factory image on Oneplus smartphones using Unbrick/MSM tool:
- Unzip Unbrick/MSM tool
2.Right-Click MsmDownloadTool and run as Administrator
3. Power off phone Use key Combination to boot in EDL Mode: Here is the Key Combination of Oneplus Smartphones to Boot into EDL Mode
- Oneplus One, Oneplus 2, Oneplus 3 & 3T, Oneplus 5 & 5T: First power off device later Press & hold Volume up key & connect device to PC
- From Oneplus 6 Series: Power of device first & Key Combination is Hold Volume up & Down key together and connect device to PC
4. Soon after using the key combination of EDL connect Device to PC
5. Tap on the Start button
6. Once the process is completed, the device will boot and have Widevine L1 Certification also check for Ota update if available do update device to latest OS.
If you like our article than follow us on Google news, Instagram or join our Telegram Group. For the latest TechNews and Reviews, follow Techibee on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.