How to Root Oneplus 7 Series running OxygenOS 126.96.36.199
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
- A Windows PC.
- ADB Drivers XDA : Download.
Note : Check video guide below on how to extract boot image & how to patch.
1.Download required files from above link.
2.Extract boot image from latest firmware (Check video)
3.Install Magisk Manager & create patched_boot Image using Extracted BOOT image & Patch boot image can be found in downloads folder of your device copy that Patched boot image (magisk_patched) on your pc.
4.Install ADB Drivers on PC (Follow video guide)
5.After Installing ADB DRIVERS, Now a folder will be created in C drive (Adb).
6.Now copy & paste (magisk_patched boot image) inside adb folder.
7.Enable developers options and enable OEM unlock & Advance reboot, Boot device in fastboot mode.
8. Inside ADB folder open cmd & Type fastboot oem unlock and accept to unlock bootloader (warning: as a safety measure Android will wipe your userdata)
9.Once done, Device will boot into system.
10.Go through OxygenOS setup.
11.Once again, enable developers options and enable USB Debugging & Advance reboot.
12.Reboot to fastboot.
13.Now give these Commands in cmd
- fastboot boot magisk_patched-23000_sNDbj.img (Cross check name of patched boot image) make sure magisk_patched is placed in ADB folder ) after this system will boot again, boot back to fastboot mode manually or give command : adb reboot bootloader.
- fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_sNDbj.img
- fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_sNDbj.img
Note : Every time you patch boot image name of patched boot image might be different (For eg : magisk_patched xxxxx) so always give same name in cmd prompt.
14.Reboot device & open magisk you device should be rooted.