How to Root OxygenOS 12/ColorOS 12 C.36 Stable Android 12 Oneplus 9, 9 pro & 9RT
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
Recently Oneplus rolled out Stable Android 12 ColorOS 12 for Oneplus 9 & 9 pro & by Following the below guide anyone can Root Oneplus 9 & 9 pro running ColorOS 12 C.36.
This is the easiest method here we have all in one ROOT Toolbox for 9R / 9 / 9 Pro / 9RT ColorOS / OxygenOS. Credit goes to Xda member: mlgmxyysd
- Unlocked bootloader of Oneplus 9 Series: If not aware about Unlocking boot loader follow our Video guide just to Unlock bootloader Video
- ROOT Toolbox: XDA Download Note: Always use the right Root Toolbox, Also Zip file are password protected use these passwords: Extract password: 0000 / ZIP password: mlgmxyysd_oneplus
- Fastboot/ADB drivers should be updated: Follow this video if required to update drivers or device is not recognized by PC Video
- Platform tools: Download
Steps to Root Oneplus 9, 9 pro & 9RT using Root Toolbox:
1. Extract Platform-tools & Root Toolbox
2. Open Command prompt in Platform-tools ( Type cmd in the address bar )
3. Boot device in Fastboot ( Key combination first power off device hold Volume+/- & power key together until fastboot screen appears )
4. Connect the device to the PC & Check if the Device is Connected in fastboot mode by giving command : fastboot device ( If device not recognized in fastboot mode follow this guide: Video )
5. Now Unlock the bootloader by giving the command: fastboot OEM unlock & Select Unlock bootloader on the phone
6. Device will now perform a factory reset and boot Into System & complete the setup and again boot into fastboot mode, Follow Step 3.
7. Launch the Root toolbox & follow the On-screen Instructions
8. Using the 4th option in the Root toolbox if the Device don’t boot use the 5th option in the Root toolbox & If everything goes well reboot the Device after the process is completed
9. Just launch Magisk app after reboot & update Magisk app, Now you have rooted Oneplus 9/9 pro.
If you guys face any issue in Understanding above guide we also have a video guide for the same: