Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
Oneplus started to roll out Stable OxygenOS 12 for Oneplus 8, 8pro, 8T & Oneplus 9R. The update size was close to 800MB which brings Optimized desktop icons with improved textures and other improvements related to Dark mode, Shelf, Worklife balance, Gallery, CanvasAOD & Bluetooth. This update will be first rolled out for Open Beta users followed by users of the Stable platform.
Oneplus 9 & 9 pro also started receiving ColorOS 12.1 which includes HyperBoost technology for gaming, AI features for a seamless experience and other minor improvements.
- A Windows PC.
- Properly Installed Adb/fastboot drivers: Follow this guide (Only if your device not getting detecting after giving adb/fastboot command)
- ADB Drivers XDA : Download
- Platform tools: Download
- Latest Magisk apk: Download (always use the latest version)
- Payload Dumper: Download from telegram / Download (To Extract boot Image)
- Stock Firmware: Download Stable OxygenOS 12 C.11
Steps to Root Stable OxygenOS 12 Oneplus 8, 8 pro & 8T:
- Extract Boot Image from Stock Firmware of your particular device (Watch Video on how to extract boot image)
- Install ADB Drivers and Platform-tools
- After Installing ADB DRIVERS, create a patched Boot Image using MAGSIK MANAGER.
- Now a file will be created in the Internal storage of your device under the Download folder as magisk_patched, copy this file to platform tool on PC.
- Once done, enable developers’ options and enable OEM unlock.
- Reboot to fastboot (enable USB debugging in dev options and use adb reboot bootloader)
- Type fastboot oem unlock and accept to unlock the bootloader (warning: as a safety measure Android will wipe your user data)
- Go through OxygenOS setup.
- Once again, enable developers’ options and enable USB Debugging.
- Install Magisk Manager.
- Reboot to fastboot.
- Now give these Commands in cmd (Open Command prompt in Platform-tools folder ( fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img )
- Once done reboot device by giving Command (fastboot reboot)
- Enjoy Rooted phone
If you like our article then follow us on Google news, and Instagram, or join our Telegram Group. For the latest TechNews and Reviews, follow Techibee on Twitter, and Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.