Lineage OS is always among the top picks for custom rom enthusiasts . It is well known for its stability and minimal user experience . Now Finally official lineage OS 19 based on Android 12 is now rolling out.
Read more : Top 10 Android 12 Custom Roms
Lineage Team have been working extremely hard since Android 12’s release last October to port their features to this new version of Android. Thanks to their hard work adapting to Google’s fairly large changes in Android 11, they were able to rebase their changes onto Android 12 much more efficiently. This led to a lot of time to spend on cool new features, as well as adapt their additions to Android 12’s new Material You design language!
Features of Lineage OS 19!
- Security patches from March 2021 to April 2022 have been merged to LineageOS 16.0 through 19.
- 19 builds are currently based on the android-12.1.0_r4 tag, which is the Pixel 6 series tag.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 100.0.4896.58.
- We have completely redone the volume panel introduced in Android 12, and instead made it a side pop-out expanding panel.
- Our fork of the AOSP Gallery app has seen a large number of fixes and improvements.
- Our Updater app has seen a large number of bug-fixes and improvements.
- Our web browser, Jelly has seen a number of bug fixes and improvements!
- We have contributed a number of changes and improvements back upstream to the FOSS Etar calendar app we integrated some time back!
- We have contributed a number of changes and improvements back upstream to the Seedvault backup app.
- Our Recorder app has seen numerous bug fixes, improvements, and features added.
- Android TV builds now ship with an ad-free Android TV launcher, unlike Google’s ad-enabled launcher.
- Android TV builds now ship with a key-handler that enables us to support custom-keys on a wide-array of bluetooth and IR remotes.
adb_rootservice is no longer tied to the build type property.
- Our extract utilities now support extracting from most types of factory images/packed OTA images, simplifying device-bring up and blob-extraction greatly.
- Support for high-touch polling rate has been added to our SDK, allowing it to be enabled on supported devices.
- The AOSP Clang toolchain is now the default toolchain we use to compile our kernels.
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Camera has been dropped, and devices that used it previously will now use Camera2.
- Dark mode is now enabled by default.
- We have an entirely new Setup Wizard, with all new Android 12 styled icons, animations, and ton of new configurable pages!
- We have a brand new set of icons for almost all apps, even system ones!
- (18.1 too) We have a whole new default wallpaper, and a full set of wallpapers to choose from, check them out! These wallpapers are designed with Android 12’s Monet theming features in mind, so go try them out and see what accent color you like best!
- (18.1 too) Wi-Fi display is available for all devices which choose to opt-in, via either the Qualcomm proprietary interface or the newly restored legacy Miracast interface!
- (18.1 too) We now support custom charging sounds for different types of charging, cabled or wireless.
Supported Devices For Lineage OS 19
Added 19 devices
|Device name||Wiki||Maintainers||Moved from|
|ASUS Zenfone 5z (ZS620KL)||Z01R||rohanpurohit, Jackeagle, ThEMarD||18.1|
|ASUS Zenfone 8||sake||ZVNexus, cryptomilk||18.1|
|F(x)tec Pro¹||pro1||BadDaemon, bgcngm, intervigil, mccreary, npjohnson, tdm||18.1|
|Google Pixel 2||walleye||Eamo5||18.1|
|Google Pixel 2 XL||taimen||Eamo5||18.1|
|Google Pixel 3||blueline||razorloves, cdesai, intervigil, mikeioannina||18.1|
|Google Pixel 3 XL||crosshatch||razorloves, cdesai, intervigil, mikeioannina||18.1|
|Google Pixel 3a||sargo||cdesai, mikeioannina, npjohnson||18.1|
|Google Pixel 3a XL||bonito||cdesai, mikeioannina, npjohnson||18.1|
|Google Pixel 4||flame||cdesai, Eamo5, mikeioannina, npjohnson||18.1|
|Google Pixel 4 XL||coral||cdesai, Eamo5, mikeioannina, npjohnson||18.1|
|Google Pixel 4a||sunfish||PeterCxy, cdesai, mikeioannina||18.1|
|Google Pixel 4a 5G||bramble||aleasto, mikeioannina||18.1|
|Google Pixel 5||redfin||aleasto, mikeioannina||18.1|
|Google Pixel 5a 5G||barbet||aleasto, mikeioannina||18.1|
|Lenovo Z5 Pro GT||heart||ThEMarD, optionaltoast||18.1|
|Lenovo Z6 Pro||zippo||Lucchetto, ThEMarD||18.1|
|Moto G6 Plus (XT1926-2/3/5/6/7/8/9)||evert||Jleeblanch||18.1|
|Moto G7 (XT1962-1/4/5/6)||river||erfanoabdi, npjohnson, SyberHexen||18.1|
|Moto G7 Power (XT1955-1/2/4/5/7)||ocean||erfanoabdi, npjohnson, SyberHexen||18.1|
|Moto G7 Plus (XT1965-2/3/6)||lake||Jleeblanch, npjohnson||18.1|
|Moto One Power||chef||Hasaber8||18.1|
|Moto One Action||troika||Stricted, npjohnson||18.1|
|Moto One Vision/Motorola P50||kane||Stricted, npjohnson||18.1|
|Moto X4||payton||erfanoabdi, ThEMarD||18.1|
|Moto Z2 Force (XT1789-02/3/4/5/6/7)||nash||npjohnson, erfanoabdi||18.1|
|Moto Z3 Play||beckham||Jleeblanch||18.1|
|Nokia 6.1 (2018)||PL2||npjohnson, theimpulson||18.1|
|Nokia 6.1 Plus||DRG||npjohnson, theimpulson||18.1|
|Razer Phone 2||aura||mikeioannina, npjohnson||18.1|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)||gts4lv||bgcngm, LuK1337||18.1|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (Wi-Fi)||gts4lvwifi||bgcngm, LuK1337||18.1|
|SHIFT SHIFT6mq||axolotl||amartinz, joey||18.1|
|Sony Xperia XA2||pioneer||LuK1337, Stricted, cdesai||18.1|
|Sony Xperia XA2 Plus||voyager||LuK1337||18.1|
|Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra||discovery||LuK1337||18.1|
|Sony Xperia 10||kirin||LuK1337||18.1|
|Sony Xperia 10 Plus||mermaid||LuK1337||18.1|
|Xiaomi Poco F1||beryllium||bgcngm, warabhishek||18.1|
These devices are officially supported now for Lineage OS 19 . Other devices will be added officially according to the availabiity of Official Maintainers.
Apply for Official Device Maintainer Here
Download Lineage os 19 Here
As Android has moved onto the quarterly maintenance release model, this release will be “LineageOS 19”, not 19.0 or 19.1.
source – link