New Google Camera mod enables auxiliary camera support without root on many devices.
Earlier this month, new google camera mod for Oneplus 8 series enabled the auxiliary camera support without root. The mod allowed OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro users to make use of the ultra-wide, telephoto, and macro cameras in the Google Camera app, without requiring them to root their devices. Now, GCam modders have released a similar Google Camera mod which brings this functionality to more devices.
The new Google Camera mod from Wichaya is based on the aforementioned port for the OnePlus 8 series and it will let you use auxiliary cameras on phones like Oneplus 7 series, Asus Zenfone 6, Realme 3 Pro, Realme 5 Pro and many more.New Google Camera mod enables auxiliary camera support without root on many devices.
To use the mod, first you need to download and install the app on your device.After installing, download the config files for your device and follow the instructions in this post to load the config files.
Once the config files have been loaded, the Google Camera app will restart automatically and you’ll be able to enable auxiliary camera support. To do so, you’ll need to navigate to the ‘Advanced’ section in the camera settings and tap on the Auxiliary camera option.
- Aux cameras working on most phones without root apart from some exceptions. (Bug on Zenfone 6 use ultra-wide by default at first start up. Just press main lens button)
- Added OPPO and Experimental opmode
- Adjusted some menus in the settings
- Press lib patcher icon bring to lib patcher menu, hold awb icon bring to awb menu, hold exposure button bring to exposure compensation menu
- Added Gamma Curve, HDR Range Control and experimental lib patcher
- Fixed black screen aux video mode on some devices
- Added new option to choose viewfinder buttons layout between old left side or top near the drop down menu
- Added no restart when no setting changes
- Adjusted viewfinder buttons size based on screen dpi
- Fixed AUX names on OPPO Find X2 Pro