Nothing Phone (1) was released in July 2022 and this is the 7th update released by the company. The smartphone still runs with Android 12-based Nothing OS and the Android 13 beta for Nothing Phone 1 is expected to release in next month.
So finally Nothing company has started rolling out a new software update for Nothing Phone (1) users. Nothing OS 1.1.7 update size is around 79.72 MB and users can check their build number Spacewar-S1.1-221121-2306 after updating the smartphone.
Talking about changelogs the update added a new feature that supports battery percentage display for AirPods. You can enable it from the Experimental features in the settings of Nothing Phone (1). They have also done some improvements by updating October and November security patches. The company has also claimed that they have improved OS fluidity and reduced stutters (lagging). Apart from this, they have resolved an issue causing WhatsApp notifications to be unresponsive in the lock screen of Nothing Phone 1.
Carl Pei who is CEO of Nothing company also tweets about the update, “Those who’ve gotten Nothing OS 1.1.7, how do you like it?”.
What’s new in this update
You can read the complete changelog which is mentioned below:
- Now supports battery percentage display for AirPods. You can enable it in Settings – Experimental features.
- Updated to October / November Security Patch.
- Improved OS fluidity and reduced stutters. Adjusted the thermal threshold to better balance performance and temperature.
- Improved audio quality when recording videos. More accurate battery status.
- Resolved an issue causing Whatsapp
- notifications to be unresponsive in lockscreen.
- General bug fixes.
How to update to Nothing OS 1.1.7
If you want to update your Nothing Phone (1) to the latest version of Nothing OS, go to the settings of your phone. Then just scroll down to the bottom and tap on the system and then tap on system update. It will show your phone is up to date, but you have to check it manually for the latest update. Just tap on Check for updates then tap on download and install. The update will take around 14-15 minutes and it will restart once.
- New update rolling out for Oneplus 9 & 9 pro based on Stable OxygenOS 13
- NothingOS 2.0 Android 13 Official Beta Testing Starting Soon for Nothing Phone 1
- Downgrade any Oneplus Smartphone from OxygenOS 13 to OxygenOS 12 – How to
If you like our article then follow us on Google news, and Instagram, or join our Telegram Group.