Oneplus 5&5T are getting stable Android 10 based on HydrogenOS 10.0.
OS designed specifically for the Chinese home market called HydrogenOS. OnePlus promised to bring Android 10 to these devices by Q2 of 2020.
Oneplus rolled out stable OxygenOS 9.0.11 update for Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 5T users in Feb 2020. That update brought Feb 2020 Android security patch along with improvement in system stability and some bug fixes.
Oxygen OS Open beta 3 was a very stable build with almost everything working like sending and receiving the messages while registering or activating UPI accounts, Optimized the system icons in UI of call recording, start-up animations, mobile signal, Optimized Wi-Fi transfer speed display in Network details & Improved the stability of Camera.
Now Oneplus Started pushing stable update of android 10 based on Hydrogen OS 10.
Changelogs of Stable Hydrogen OS
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
- Full Screen Gestures (Oneplus 5T only )
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps.
How to update Stable Hydrogen OS Android 10 on Oneplus 5&5T
- Download the appropriate package for your devices.
- Open the File Manager and move the downloaded .zip package from the Downloads folder to the root directory.
- Open Settings – System – System updates, press the cogwheel on the top right corner, choose the Local upgrade option, and select the file.