Oneplus 5&5T are getting stable Android 10 based on OxygenOS 10.0.
Last year in October,OnePlus promised to bring Android 10 based on Oxygen OS to Oneplus 5 and 5T by Q2 of 2020. As promised,Onplus has just released stable Android 10 based on OxygenOS 10.0 for Oneplus 5 and 5T.
Oneplus 5 and 5T have been getting Open Betas starting from last month.The Open Beta 1 for Oneplus 5&5T came with all the Android 10 features like enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls and more.
The OxygenOS Android 10 Open beta 2 brought April 2020 security patch along with system stability and fixed general bugs.Later on Oneplus rolled out third open beta for Oneplus 5 and 5T.
OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T brought improved system stability,general bug fixes,improved stability of camera,optimized system icons and many more.
Today,Oneplus released first stable Android 10 based on OxygenOS 10.0 for Oneplus 5 and 5T.The update brought brand new UI design,enhanced location permissions for privacy,new customization feature in the Settings,bottom navigation bar and many more.
OxygenOS 10 changelog for OnePlus 5/5T-
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
- Full Screen Gestures
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions.
The update is rolling out in batches and it might take some time to receive via OTA update.There are no download links yet in the OnePlus Community forums for manual flashing.