Oneplus 7 and 7T series Already Received ColorOS 12.1 Beta update on 23rd June. Now Oneplus Released the most awaited OxygenOS 12.1 OpenBeta 1 update for the Oneplus 7 and 7T series.
Here are the Official Features and Changes
In order to experience OxygenOS 12, please be sure that your device is on 184.108.40.206. or 220.127.116.11. version.
- Unable to wake screen by tapping screen.
- May have lagging and silent issues after reboot.
- Unexpected clock widget will be shown on the phone.
- Clock on AOD cannot be disabled.
- After downgrading to OxygenOS 11 version, reset data may fail.
- After upgrading to OxygenOS 12, the clock might become smaller when screen resolution has changed.
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
Download OxygenOS 12.1 OpenBeta 1
How to update to OxygenOS 12
Note: This upgrade method will not erase data but please be sure to backup first.
Note: In order to experience OxygenOS 12, please be sure that your device is on 18.104.22.168. or 22.214.171.124. version.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Update -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> find the upgrade package and tap it -> wait to finish the installation -> tap reboot
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
If you like our article then follow us on Google news, and Instagram, or join our Telegram Group. For the latest TechNews and Reviews, follow Techibee on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.