OnePlus, a well-known Chinese smartphone manufacturer, has been known for its hardware and software excellence in the smartphone industry. However, the latest OxygenOS 13 update seems to have disappointed one of its community members.
Ignatious1980, a OnePlus Nord 2 user, shared his experience with the latest OxygenOS 13 update. He expressed his disappointment with the new update, stating that he did not find anything appealing in it. According to him, most of the features introduced in the new update were already existing on Oppo and Realme phones for years. The OnePlus loyalists, however, seem to think that these features are new.
In addition to his disappointment with the software, Ignatious1980 believes that OnePlus is “totally dead” when it comes to software. He further expressed his concern that the loyalty of OnePlus customers is changing elsewhere due to the company’s poor software offerings.
This sentiment is not unique to Ignatious1980. Several other OnePlus users have expressed similar views on social media and forums, stating that OnePlus seems to be losing its edge in the smartphone market.
The OnePlus Nord 2, released in July 2021, is one of the latest additions to the OnePlus lineup. It features a 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, a 50MP primary camera, and a powerful MediaTek Dimensity 1200 chipset. However, despite its impressive hardware, the software seems to be letting down its users.
This is a worrying trend for OnePlus, a company that has built its reputation on providing quality hardware and software offerings to its customers. With increasing competition in the smartphone market, OnePlus may need to refocus its efforts on improving its software offerings to maintain its loyal customer base.
Source: OnePlus Community
- OnePlus Rolls Out OxygenOS 13 C.28 Update for OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite in Global & Europe Region
- OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Grabbed OxygenOS 13 F.64 Update with April 2023 Security Patch
- Finally Google fix the Flickering Issue Bug in Google Messages App
- OxygenOS 13 Stable Update for OnePlus Nord 2: Step-by-Step Guide for Installation
OnePlus Nord 2 gets January 2024 Security Patch Update
OnePlus, a Chinese Tech Giant has started rolling out the OxygenOS 13 F.50 update for the OnePlus Nord 2 5G in India. This update is based on the January 2024 security patch. As like the previous F.49 update, this new F.50 is also based on OxygenOS 13 which is based on Android 13.
If we talk about the build number. So, the build number of the update is identified as OxygenOS 13 DN2101_11_F.49. Also, the size of the update is 323.46 MB.
Also, the changelog for this update is listed below:
- Integrates the January 2024 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- The Background Stream feature in the Smart Sidebar has been removed.
With this new F.50 update, OnePlus has removed the background stream feature from the Smart Sidebar. As you can see clearly in the above image the update size is 323.46 MB which is less. So, don’t expect many changes or add-ons. This update only improves the system stability and performance with the new January 2024 security patch.
Note: If you want to know why Background Stream was removed from the Smart Sidebar, then check out this.
How to Update?
To update your OnePlus Nord 2 5G to OxygenOS 13 F.49. Whenever you get the update notification, click on it. You can also check manually by going into Settings> About Device> Click on Blue Color OxygenOS Box. Click On Download and then, click on Install.
Note: You have to make sure that your device is sufficiently charged, i.e. 50% of its storage, before installing the update.
Also, if you don’t want to update your phone after downgrading. Then do keep in mind to change Auto Update to Turn Off and also toggle off the Overnight option.
OnePlus Open Users Receives Stable OxygenOS 14 (Android 14) Update
After beta builds, OnePlus has started rolling out stable OxygenOS 14 based on the Android 14 update for its foldable phone, i.e. OnePlus Open. The stable update is first given to those OnePlus Open owners who have participated in Open or Closed Beta versions, and after that, it will be available for all OnePlus Open users. If we talk about the changelog and
What are the changes and new add-ons to this update?
First, let’s talk about the build version. So, the build number of this update is identified as CPH2551_22.214.171.1240(EX01). The changelog for this update is listed below:
- Adds Aqua Dynamics, a way of interaction with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices.
- Adds Content Extraction, a feature that can recognize and extract text and images from the screen with one tap.
- Adds Smart Cutout, a feature that can separate multiple subjects in a photo from the background for copying or sharing.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
How to Update?
To update your OnePlus Open, first, you have to Open Settings > About Device > Click on Blue Colored OxygenOS Version Box > Click on Download.
If you have not received the OxygenOS 14 stable update on your OnePlus Open, and you want to update it instantly, then check that your phone is running on the CPH2551_126.96.36.1991 version. If you are on this version, then Go to Settings > About device > tap up to date > tap icon on the top right > beta program > follow the steps to apply > check for updates.
Note: This will only work for the Indian (IN) users.
Have you got the OxygenOS 14 stable update on your OnePlus Open? Do let us know in the comment box. Also, tell us whether you like this post or not.
Note: Before updating your phone, do keep in mind that your phone must be charged above 30%. Also, do remember that at least 5GB of space must be available on your phone for this update.
How to Rollback OnePlus Open from OxygenOS 14 to OxygenOS 13?
If you want to roll back to OxygenOS 13, then first you have to download the rollback/downgrade file by clicking here.
After downloading the rollback/downgrade, you have to enable the developer option by going into Settings > About device > Version > Click Build number 7 times and enter the password; now you are in developer mode.
Then, to do a local update, Go back to Settings > About device > Up to date > Click the top right button > Local install > Click on the corresponding rollback package > Extract > Upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%.
OnePlus 12 First Update Adds New Camera Mode and System Improvements
The OnePlus 12, the latest flagship smartphone from the OnePlus company has just received its first major update since launch. This update brings improvements and new features to enhance the overall user experience of the device. It also integrates the January 2024 Android security patch for better system security.
This update can be identified for the OnePlus 12 with its firmware version CPH2573_188.8.131.524(EX01) and its size is 1.40 GB. This update will be rolling out it in stages, so it will take some time to reach all the users.
OxygenOS 184.108.40.2064 for OnePlus 12
The OxygenOS 220.127.116.114 update for OnePlus 12 brings ProXDR compatibility to the Google Photos app, enhancing the viewing experience with more vivid and dynamic colors. There are improvements in the overall stability of the system, ensuring smoother performance. The success rate of the fingerprint unlock feature has been improved, offering a more reliable and faster unlocking experience.
This update also enhances the stability and compatibility of Wi-Fi connections, ensuring a more consistent and reliable internet experience. The NFC functionality has seen improvements in both stability and compatibility, expanding its range of use. The Bluetooth connectivity has been improved, offering a more stable and broader range of compatibility with devices.
A significant addition to the camera features is the Master mode, which now includes Hasselblad color tuning. This mode is designed to enhance photos with more natural and vibrant colors, bringing professional-grade color accuracy and quality to everyday photography.
- ProXDR is now available for Google’s Photos app.
- Improve system stability.
- Improves the success rate of fingerprint unlock.
- Improves the stability and compatibility of Wi-Fi network connections.
- Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of the NFC function.
- Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of Bluetooth connections.
- Adds Master mode that features Hasselblad color tuning to enhance your photos with more natural and vibrant colors.