OxygenOS 11 Beta 2 (Android 11) rolls out for the OnePlus 8 series with a new “Canvas” feature.
OnePlus on Wednesday rolled out the second open beta of OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 series, introducing a handful of important system fixes and optimizations. The company has also added a new ambient display feature that will bring some style to your device.
Some of the system changes include a fix for a black screen issue when users entered the “Tips & Support” interface, and a fix for the failure to wake up Google Assistant in certain situations. OnePlus has also addressed an issue that saw numbers disappear in the Timer under some special circumstances.
But it’s a new ambient display feature that is the most interesting addition to the OnePlus 8 series in OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2. Known as “Canvas,” the feature “can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone,” the release notes explain.
The gallery above shows what the Canvas feature looks like in action. Essentially, the phone automatically sketches the photo you’ve set for your lock screen. Users will be able to view the wireframe picture at any time without waking up their screen. Canvas can be found by going to Settings > Customization > Wallpaper > Canvas > Choose photo preview.
This is the second open beta of OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 series. The company started OxygenOS 11 releases with developer previews based on Android 11 in August, and more recently, through the first open beta earlier this month. The first developer preview for OxygenOS 11 featured a number of notable changes, including Always On Display, a Conversations section in notifications, and more. Since then, OnePlus has rolled out a handful of new developer previews followed by the first open beta release earlier this month.
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 8 Series – Changelog, Downloads
You can download OxygenOS 11 beta 2 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro below. Here’s the full changelog:
- Optimized some UI display in Settings
- Fixed the low probability issue that widgets did not respond
- Fixed the failure to wake up Google Assistant in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the HD icon on the call log interface was not centered
- Fixed the black screen issue when user entered “Tips & Support” interface
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed the issue that numbers disappeared in Timer under some special circumstances
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone. You can view it anytime without waking up the screen (Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimize the power consumption of the Smart 5G