OxygenOS 13.1 Update Rolling Out for OnePlus 8/8 Pro in India
OnePlus has initiated the rollout of an incremental update, OxygenOS 13.1, specifically for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices in the Indian region. The update brings a range of new features and optimizations to enhance user experience. Starting in India, the company plans to expand the rollout to other regions in the coming days.
The software version for OnePlus 8 is IN2011_22.214.171.1243(EX01) and the update size is 1.63 GB. It follows the same but there is slight difference for OnePlus 8 Pro where the software version is IN2021_126.96.36.1993(EX01) and the update size is 4.81 GB.
Under the new format for the OTA version number, OnePlus apologizes for any inconvenience caused. The company assures users that this transition is part of their optimization process and aims to provide a better user experience moving forward.
OnePlus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS 13.1 Update: New Features
The update introduces several notable improvements across different aspects of the user interface. In terms of personalization, the OxygenOS 188.8.131.523 update expands the functionality and library of Omoji, allowing users to express themselves creatively through a wider range of options.
On the health front, OnePlus has included a new TalkBack feature that recognizes and announces images in various applications and the Photos app. This enhancement aims to improve accessibility for visually impaired users, enabling them to interact more effectively with their devices.
Additionally, the update introduces the Zen Space app, featuring two modes: Deep Zen and Light Zen. These modes are designed to help users focus on the present moment and provide a sense of tranquility in their daily lives. Furthermore, the Simple mode has been enhanced with a new helper widget and quick tutorials on the Home screen, assisting users in simplifying their smartphone experience.
Gaming enthusiasts will be delighted to find new features catering to their needs. The Championship mode, incorporated into the Game Assistant, improves gaming performance by disabling notifications, calls, and other messages that may disrupt gameplay. This mode ensures a more immersive gaming experience for users, allowing them to enjoy their favorite games without interruptions. Additionally, a music playback control has been added to the Game Assistant, enabling users to listen to and manage their music effortlessly while gaming.
As customary with OnePlus updates, the OxygenOS 184.108.40.2063 OTA rollout will initially reach a small percentage of users. The company plans to expand the availability gradually in the coming days to ensure a smooth and stable update for all OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro owners in the Indian region.
OnePlus continues to prioritize delivering timely updates and feature enhancements to its user base, aiming to provide an exceptional smartphone experience. Users are encouraged to keep an eye on their system notifications and update their devices once the OxygenOS 220.127.116.113 update becomes available to them.
These are the OxygenOS 13.1 Update Changelog for OnePlus 8/8 Pro:
- Expands Omoji’s functionality and library.
- Adds a new TalkBack feature that recognizes and announces images in apps and Photos.
- Adds the new Zen Space app, with two modes, Deep Zen and Light Zen, to help you focus on the present.
- Improves Simple mode with a new helper widget and quick tutorials on the Home screen.
- Adds the Championship mode to Game Assistant. This mode improves performance while also disabling notifications, calls, and other messages to give you a more immersive gaming experience.
- Adds a music playback control to Game Assistant, so you can listen to and control music easily while gaming.
How to Update OnePlus 8/8 Pro to OxygenOS 13.1
To update your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro device to the latest OxygenOS 18.104.22.1683 version, please follow these steps:
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network: Ensure that your device is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network to avoid excessive data usage and to ensure a stable download.
- Battery level: It is recommended to have your device charged to at least 50% or connect it to a power source during the update process to prevent any interruption due to low battery.
- Check for the update: Go to your device’s Settings menu by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the gear-shaped icon (Settings). Scroll down and select “System” or “System & updates,” then tap on “System updates.” From there, tap on “Check for updates” to see if the OxygenOS 22.214.171.1243 update is available for your device.
- Download and install: If the update is available, tap on “Download & install” to begin the download process. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection during this step. The download size may vary, so it might take some time to complete.
- Install the update: Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Tap on “Install” to initiate the installation process. Your device will restart and apply the update. It’s important not to interrupt the installation process to avoid any potential issues.
- Wait for the installation to complete: The installation process may take a few minutes. Your device will reboot several times during this process. Once the installation is finished, your device will boot up with the updated OxygenOS 126.96.36.1993 version.
- Verify the update: After the device has restarted, you can verify if the update was successfully installed by going to Settings > System > About phone. The software version should display as OxygenOS 188.8.131.523.
Note: If the update is not available for your device during the initial check, don’t worry. OnePlus typically rolls out updates in phases, and it may take a few days before it reaches all devices. You can check for updates again later or wait for the system to notify you when the update becomes available for your device.
Download OxygenOS 184.108.40.2063 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
The download links will be added soon.
If you like our article, follow us on Google News and Instagram, or join our Telegram Group.