OxygenOS Open Beta 6 rolls out for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro with new “Dock” dashboard, January 2021 patches, and more
OnePlus has started rolling out Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro, its 2020 flagship smartphones. The last OxygenOS Open Beta for the phone duo, Open Beta 5, introduced a “Rewind Recording” feature in the Game Space and December 2020 security patches. Now, the latest build from the beta channel adds “Dock” — a Digital Wellbeing-like dashboard — to the OnePlus Shelf and finally brings the January 2021 security patches.
As usual, the changelog for both devices is exactly the same. Apart from the aforementioned changes, there are also a few other optimizations. For one, the stability of the overall system has been optimized for a better gaming experience. The browser app crashing issue has been fixed, and the cloud service interface in the stock gallery app gets a fresh coat of paint. Finally, the the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches has been improved and general bugs are said to have been fixed.
Changelogs of Open beta 5
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
- Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
- Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
- Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
- Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Gaming Space
- Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
- Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
Download: Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 8 series
Source : Xda