Paranoid Android Quartz 3 Beta Builds for Oneplus 8 & 8Pro.
Android being an open-source platform provides endless possibilities for third-party developers to bring forth new custom ROMs, apps, and other enhancements for Android devices. Paranoid Android is one of the most popular custom ROM options which is known for its style and innovative features.
Last year in October, the Paranoid Android team released some beta builds based on Android 10. Paranoid Android Quartz 3 was released for 8 Xiaomi devices and soon coming up for Oneplus 7 & 7T.
XDA Recognized Developer ZVNexus and XDA Senior Member sirhc brought Paranoid Android Quartz 3 to the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. These are the first publicly available AOSP-based custom ROMs for the OnePlus 8 series on XDA Forum.
Users have to keep in mind that the Paranoid Android Quartz 3 pushed out for Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8Pro by XDA developers are beta builds and there are a few bugs such as fingerprint sensor and brightness, especially on the OnePlus 8 Pro.
These builds are not available on the Paranoid Android official download portal but unified beta builds from the mirrors has been provided by the developers.
The installation process is different than the usual way, as the current form of ROM is more of a collection of individual partition images that have to flash using the Fastboot interface.
Before installation, a backup of your device is required as it is a beta build. The flashing process will require you to factory reset your device and do stick with the default kernel.
Brightness flashing whenever using FOD.
Dimensions are off for a ton of stuff.
Auto brightness doesn’t work.
Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported & GApps are included and OOS 10+ is required
Paranoid Quartz 3 changelogs & new Features:
- June security patchset and Pixel Feature Drop 3.
- Improved Fingerprint On Display functionality.
- New clear all notifications button.
- Multi-user support.
- Data Switch tile.
- New accent colors.
- Fixed lock screen adjustments for devices without FOD.
Instructions to install Paranoid Android on Oneplus 8
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
- fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
- fastboot reboot fastboot
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash product product.img
- fastboot -w
- fastboot reboot
Instructions to install Paranoid Android on Oneplus 8 Pro
- This device runs under the OxygenOS vendor, make sure you are coming from OxygenOS 10.5.9 or newer before flashing PA
- Unzip the ROM package
- Reboot to bootloader and flash the images inside the packages by opening a terminal and running the following commands below
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot -w (if coming from another OS, this will format userdata)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img