Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. Oneplus have great support for custom Rom’s and now Oneplus 6 & 6T are considered under End of Life (EOL) now only one way to try out the latest android operating system is to install custom Roms. Rooting has become difficult but anyone can root Oneplus 6 and 6T with the help of the below guide. Oneplus 6 & 6T won’t receive any more official updates from Oneplus. Oneplus 6 & 6T last OxygenOS version is OxygenOS 184.108.40.206.
- A Windows PC.
- Properly Installed Adb/fastboot drivers: Follow this guide
- TWRP Recovery zip & Image File for Oneplus 6 & 6T: Download
- Oneplus 6 or 6T Device Running Android 11.
- Magisk XDA : Download/ Direct link of Magisk 24.1 (always use latest version)
Steps to Root Oneplus 6 & 6T running OxygenOS 220.127.116.11
1. Once all the files are downloaded we need to make a few changes in Device settings Enable Developer settings from about section SETTINGS – ABOUT PHONE – TAP BUILD NUMBER 7 TIMES UNTIL YOU SEE A POP OF DEVELOPER OPTION AFTER THAT GO BACK TO SETTINGS – SYSTEM – DEVELOPER OPTIONS – ENABLE OEM UNLOCK – ADVANCE REBOOT – USB DEBUGGING.
2. Later Install ADB DRIVERS, After Installing a new folder will be created in C: Drive.
3. Now place the downloaded files (TWRP image) file in ADB folder.
4. After this connect device to the PC & open the command prompt in ADB folder by typing CMD in the address bar & Hit Enter.
5. Now Command prompt will pop up.
6. Time to Unlock Bootloader for that Boot device into fastboot mode by using the power button.
7. Now Device should boot into fastboot mode & Connect the device to the PC.
8. After that check if the device is properly connected in fastboot mode by using Command ( Fastboot Devices ) in Command prompt. If you see the serial number then the device is properly connected into fastboot Mode.
9. Now Unlock the Bootloader by using the command ( Fastboot OEM Unlock ). If you don’t get any error then the command is proper.
10. After the command will get a Warning message on the Device asking us to Choose the option of unlocking the bootloader, use the volume key to select unlock the bootloader. Selecting Unlocking Bootloader will wipe device data and let the device reboot after reboot complete initial setup and enable these settings again. SETTINGS – ABOUT PHONE – TAP BUILD NUMBER 7 TIMES UNTIL YOU SEE A POP OF DEVELOPER OPTION AFTER THAT GO BACK TO SETTINGS – SYSTEM – DEVELOPER OPTIONS – ADVANCE REBOOT – USB DEBUGGING.
11. Now again boot device in fastboot mode to flash TWRP, After device boots into fastboot Mode now give the command to boot recovery command is – fastboot boot (Recovery name ).img for Eg: (fastboot boot twrpxx.img) & if no Error then the device will boot into TWRP.
12. Now transfer all the Downloaded Files inside internal Storage (Twrp zip & Magisk).
13. After that flash Twrp Zip for Once reboot recovery.
14. After booting recovery flash magisk & reboot device & Enjoy Rooted Oneplus 6 or 6T.
For better understanding watch the below guide of Rooting Oneplus 6 & 6T
If you like our article then follow us on Google news, Instagram or join our Telegram Group. For the latest TechNews and Reviews, follow Techibee on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.