End of Android 11 Open Beta release cycle for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
Oneplus recently rollout out Android 11 Oxygen OS open beta 12/7 bringing with it a handful of changes and improvements. The last OxygenOS Open Beta to be released rolled out around this time last month, bringing the ability to screenshot the always-on display and also the latest (at the time) June 2021 security patches.
Now Oneplus made an Announcement about END of Open beta program for Oneplus 8 and 8 pro. This what Oneplus has to say about beta program end.
Thanks to everyone for participating in our OBT program, you have shared a lot of valuable feedback and suggestions with us over the last year. It’s fair to say we always love hearing what you have to say about OxygenOS and it’s not an overstatement to say that your help allows us to ensure quality stable builds and cool new features for the rest of the community.
Since the Android 11 builds for the OnePlus 8 series are now more and more stable, thanks to our stronger R&D resources that can better test and adjust these builds to meet our standards, the current OBT will be the last one for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro on Android 11. The stable versions for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro will continue to be released according to the current maintenance schedule with the latest system optimizations and feature updates.
This means Oxygen OS 12/7 is the last open beta for Oneplus 8 & 8 pro. Here are changelogs of Oxygen OS open beta 12/7 :
Changelogs of Oxygen OS open beta 12/7 :
- Improved system stability
- Fixed the issue that the face unlock failed in the QR scanning on WhatsApp
- Upgrade Android Security Patch to 2021.07
- Work-life balance
- Now work wifi can support added to life wifi
- Fixed the issue of failure to modify life and work mode
- OnePlus Store
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled.
If you guys wants to install Oxygen OS open beta 12/7 on Onplus 8 & 8 pro than download from here.
TO DOWNGRADE FROM BETA TO STABLE FOLLOW BELOW GUIDE
Oneplus is rolling out special Rollback packages to downgrade to stable channel. Note: the EU region build will be updated soon
Download Rollback special package
- Installing the rollback build will wipe the data, please back up the important data before installing
- The rollback build should be installed twice, to ensure stability. (please save the downloaded copy of the rollback build to avoid multiple downloads)
- Download the rollback zip package from the above link
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Source : Oneplus