The latest update for the Nothing Phone (1) is here! Users can now upgrade to the stable Nothing OS 2.5, based on Android 14. This update is a significant leap from OS 2.0 and brings a plethora of new features and improvements, aiming to enhance the everyday experience of its users.
This update is currently being rolled out for beta users who are running Nothing OS 2.5.1 Open Beta 2. Later, Android 13 stable users will also receive the update in the coming days.
Nothing OS 2.5.2 for Phone (1)
You can identify this update by its firmware version Nothing OS 2.5.2. The update size for beta users is 68.48 MB. For non-Beta users, the update size will be around 1 GB. It will take 10-15 minutes for the complete installation. Also, this is an incremental update so data will be wiped.
Users can now enjoy a redesigned Home Screen and Lock Screen customisation page, along with an improved wallpaper editing flow for a more comprehensive view of options. The update introduces the new Atmosphere wallpaper effect, which transforms background photos into dynamic wallpapers, adding motion to colours on both lock and home screens. For those who prefer simplicity, there are new solid colour wallpapers and a monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
The Glyph Interface now allows direct access to the Music Visualisation feature. The Glyph light playback effect has been improved, syncing better with your device’s audio. There’s also a new Glyph animation for NFC usage and enhancements to the Flip to Glyph experience.
With the update, users can double-press the power button to access a chosen feature quickly. More Lock Screen shortcut options are available, including Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, and video camera. Capturing screenshots is now easier with a three-finger swipe gesture. There’s also a new screenshot editor and menu for advanced editing and quick deletions. The back gesture arrow visual has been refreshed to align with Nothing’s style.
Quick Settings now support switching ring modes and allow users to set their network without unlocking the device. The layout has been updated to show more device icons.
The update brings new widgets to enhance user interaction:
- The Pedometer Widget tracks daily steps directly from the home screen.
- The Media Player Widget displays the currently playing song for easy control.
- The Screen Time Widget helps monitor and manage daily screen time.
The Weather app experience has been optimized, with improved weather alerts notifications. Users can set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, thanks to an updated volume control interface. Continuous screenshots no longer include the preview of the previous screenshot. Camera stability and system smoothness and responsiveness have been enhanced for a more fluid user experience. Lastly, system stability and battery life have seen improvements.
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customisation page and improved the edit wallpaper flow for a more comprehensive view of options.
- New Atmosphere wallpaper effect: Transform your background photo into a dynamic wallpaper that brings motion to colours on your home screen. A seamless transition between your lock and home screens.
- Introduced solid colour wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
- Added a monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
- Get direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualisation feature (some of you may have already discovered it).
- Improved overall Glyph light playback effect when synchronising with your device’s audio.
- Added a new Glyph animation for when NFC is being used.
- Improved the experience of Flip to Glyph.
- Customisable double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature. Just head to Settings > System > Gestures.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options like: Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, video camera.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe gesture.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- Refreshed the back gesture arrow visual to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Added support for switching ring modes in Quick Settings.
- You can now directly set your network via Quick Settings without unlocking the device.
- Updated Quick Settings layout and support to show more devices icons.
- Pedometer Widget: Track your daily steps directly from your home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
- Media Player Widget: Displays the currently playing song. Control your music easily while on-the-move.
- Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your daily screen time to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle.
- Optimised the experience of the Weather app and improved the notification of weather alerts.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Automatically excludes the preview of the previous screenshot when taking continuous screenshots.
- Improved the stability of the camera.
- Enhanced the overall smoothness and responsiveness of the system for a more fluid user experience.
- Enhanced system stability and improved battery life.
We also have a video on this update, it will help understand users more in detail.
Apple Introducing New iMessage Feature in iOS 17.4 Update Next Month
Apple, an American-based Premium Smartphone Manufacturing Company is going to roll out stable iOS 17.4 in March. If you want to know about the features that are coming with this 17.4 update, then we already have a dedicated post for that. Additionally, Apple is introducing a new cryptographic security feature to its iMessage called PQ3. It is a new encryption protocol which is advanced. PQ3 is designed to protect against potential threats from quantum computing. It helps us to keep our sensitive data safe.
As we know, Apple’s iMessage supports end-to-end encryption like other messaging apps. However, some of the researchers found that existing cryptographic protocols used by messaging apps depend on mathematical problems that can be solved by future quantum computers.
To remain ahead of the cryptographic curve and lighten the risks from future quantum computers, Apple is introducing this new PQ3 messaging protocol. Apple calls this PQ3 protocol as Level 3 security which can offer better protocol protections than other popular messaging apps.
According to Apple, this new PQ3 is a new standard in the security of messaging app which reflects the privacy and security of the company in this quantum computing era. PQ3 feature will be rolled out in the March update, starting with iOS 17.4, iPadOS 17.4, macOS 14.4, and watchOS 10.4. Apple says that this PQ3 feature is already available in the iOS 17.4 public and developer beta testers.
What do you guys think, how useful will be this new PQ3 cryptographic security feature in iApple’s iMessage? Do let us know in the comment box. Also, tell us whether you like this post or not.
OnePlus Watch 2 Price Leaked Before Launch
As we already know, the OnePlus upcoming flagship Watch 2 is going to be launched tomorrow at MWC 2024 (Mobile World Congress). If you want to know about the specifications, then do consider this post. Additionally, if you want to know about the color variants and some features of the Watch 2, then consider this post.
OnePlus Watch 2 Price Leaked Before Launch
Recently, the price of the upcoming OnePlus Watch 2 has been leaked. Ishan Aggarwal, a popular tipster, has recently posted a thread on their X (formerly Twitter) account. According to Tipster, the price of the upcoming OnePlus Watch 2 will be:
- India: Rs.24,999
- US: $299
- Europe: €329
- UK: £299
As we already said the OnePlus Watch 2 will be launched in India at the same time as it is launched globally. Do you guys think that it can compete with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6? Also, do let us know, whether you consider the OnePlus Watch 2 at this price in the comment box.
OnePlus Watch 2: Pre-Reservation, Color Variants, Design, and Launch Date Confirmed
The upcoming OnePlus Watch 2, which is a flagship watch from OnePlus is going to be introduced at MWC (Mobile World Congress) on 26 February, this month at (8:30 P.M. IST). OnePlus Watch 2 will be a successor to OnePlus Watch.
If we talk about the specifications and other details then, consider this post. The tagline of the Watch 2 is “It’s time to do it right!”. It is a flagship watch from OnePlus which debuted three years after the launch of the OnePlus Watch.
Pre-Reservation Benefits of OnePlus Watch 2
The OnePlus Watch 2 page is available on the OnePlus India Website. If you Pre-Reserve for the OnePlus upcoming Watch 2, then you will get Rs. 1000 off on the OnePlus Watch 2 and a free Bullets Wireless Z2 ANC. You can purchase a Pre-Reservation pass at Rs. 99 by clicking here.
OnePlus Watch 2 will be available in two colors i.e. Black Steel and Radiant Steel colour options. Watch 2 also features Military-grade Durability. The announcement post as well as the YouTube short video which is posted on the official YouTube channel highlighted that Watch 2 features that the watch is built with stainless steel and sapphire crystal.
The company said that the OnePlus Watch 2 will offer As per the information, the OnePlus Watch 2 has up to 100 hours of battery life in “full Smart Mode”. If it is true, then it will be more than Apple’s Watch Series 9. Moreover, a landing page for the OnePlus Watch 2 is already created on Amazon’s India Website which confirms that the Watch 2 will be available in India at the same time as during global launch.
The tagline of the OnePlus Watch 2 is “Your Partner in Time”. As mentioned in the video, this is a flagship watch from OnePlus which is built with s
Have you guys pre-reserved for the OnePlus Watch 2 or going now to pre-reserve? Do let us know in the comment box. Also, tell us whether you like this post or not.