How to Root Oneplus 7 Series running OxygenOS 18.104.22.168
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
- A Windows PC.
- ADB Drivers XDA : Download.
If you can extract boot image than just download the files of Oxygen OS latest version and extract latest boot Image using payload_dumper.zip.
1.Install ADB Drivers on PC ( Follow video guide given below)
2.After Installing ADB DRIVERS, Now a folder will be created in C drive (Adb).
3.Enable developers options and enable OEM unlock.
4. Inside ABB folder open cmd & Type fastboot oem unlock and accept to unlock bootloader (warning: as a safety measure Android will wipe your userdata)
6.Reboot to fastboot (enable USB debugging in dev options and use adb reboot bootloader)
7.Go through OxygenOS setup.
8.Once again, enable developers options and enable USB Debugging.
9.Install Magisk Manager & create patched Boot Image using MAGSIK MANAGER.
10.Now a file will be created in Internal storage of your device under Download folder as : patched boot image copy this file to adb folder on PC.
11.Reboot to fastboot.
12.Now give these Commands in cmd
- fastboot boot magisk_patched.img ( make sure magisk_patched is placed in ADB folder ) after this system will boot again, boot back to fastboot mode manually or give command : adb reboot bootloader.
13.Now we need to flash magisk_patched on both the Slots by :
- fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img.img
- fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img.img
14.Reboot device & open magisk you device should be rooted.