North America welcomes the much-anticipated OxygenOS 13.1 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices, as OnePlus expands the availability of this feature-rich version to more regions worldwide. Known for its dynamic smartphone lineup, OnePlus continues to push boundaries by introducing new features and improvements to its flagship models.
OxygenOS 13.1 Update for OnePlus 8/8 Pro North America Users
Owners of OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro smartphones in North America can now enjoy the benefits of OxygenOS 13.1. The standard OnePlus 8 model receives the IN2015_220.127.116.113 (EX01) version, while those carrying the Pro variant will have the IN2025_18.104.22.1683 (EX01) build.
OxygenOS 13.1 Update Changelog for North America
Delving into the changelog, OxygenOS 13.1 introduces significant enhancements in Health and Gaming features. Users can now experience the all-new TalkBack feature, which recognizes and announces images within apps and photos, thereby improving accessibility for visually impaired individuals. Additionally, a new Zen Space app has been added, offering two modes, Deep Zen and Light Zen, designed to help users focus on the present moment. Furthermore, the Simple mode has been improved with the inclusion of a helpful widget and quick tutorials on the Home screen.
Gaming enthusiasts will also find exciting additions to their OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices. The Championship mode, incorporated into Game Assistant, optimizes performance while disabling notifications, calls, and messages to provide a more immersive gaming experience. Additionally, a music playback control has been integrated into Game Assistant, allowing users to listen to and manage their favorite tunes effortlessly while gaming.
In terms of personalization, the OxygenOS 13.1 update expands the functionality and library of Omoji, providing users with even more options to express themselves creatively.
OnePlus continues to demonstrate its commitment to delivering exceptional user experiences through regular software updates. By introducing OxygenOS 13.1 to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices in North America, the company aims to enhance the overall user satisfaction and ensure that its flagship smartphones remain at the forefront of innovation.
Users in North America are encouraged to update their OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices to OxygenOS 13.1 to take advantage of the latest features and improvements. The update can be accessed through the settings menu on the smartphones.
As OnePlus expands the availability of OxygenOS 13.1 to more regions, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users around the globe can look forward to enjoying an even more refined and feature-packed smartphone experience.
OnePlus 11 Grabs January 2024 OxygenOS 14 Update with Lots of Fixes and Improvements
The OnePlus 11 was one of the first devices to grab the January 2024 security patch in the OnePlus group. The update has arrived with many fixes related to battery life improvements, stability, and performance improvements, and it also comes with an upgraded Rom vitalization option.
As mentioned, the new update came with the new and updated January 2024 security patch and improved the device’s stability and performance.
The firmware version for this update is CPH2447_22.214.171.1241(EX01) and its size is 1.03 GB.
As per the changelog mentioned, they also improved the battery life for getting good battery backup, fixed an issue related to switching between apps on the recent task page, and also fixed the screen flickering issue related to touching the call bubble. Due to some unknown reasons, they removed background streaming in the smart sidebar and improved and fixed some car connection issues
- Integrates the January 2024 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves system stability and performance.
- Extends battery life in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where you might be unable to switch between some apps in recent tasks.
- Fixes a screen flicker issue that might occur when you tap the ongoing call bubble in the status bar.
- Fixes an issue where Smart Sidebar might stop running.
- The Background stream feature in Smart Sidebar has been removed.
- Upgrades ROM vitalization and optimizes app compression to improve function stability.
- Fixes an error in Settings on the car display.
- Fixes an issue where Car Connect might not automatically connect to your car.
OnePlus Nord N100 Grabbing October 2023 OxygenOS Update
OnePlus has started the incremental rollout of the OxygenOS 11.0.15 update for OnePlus Nord N100 users in Europe and North America. It brings the latest security for this month which improves the device performance as well.
The company skipped the September 2023 security patch for the device and directly gave this update.
To identify the firmware versions in their particular regions for this update:
- EU: 11.0.15.BE83AA
- NA: 11.0.15.BE81AA
The update size is not specified for this on the community post yet. If we find any screenshots or something we will update the information here.
The OxygenOS 11.0.15 update only integrated the October 2023 Android security patch for the OnePlus Nord N100. It improves device security more than before and also protects from risks.
OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 3 Released for OnePlus 11
OnePlus is continuously working to enhance and improve the user experience. In a move to gather more feedback and refine the OxygenOS experience, the company has released the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 11. This beta version comes packed with features that surpass its predecessors, the first and second Open Betas.
These beta updates are totally based on Android 14 and they bring lots of new features and bugs as well so be ready for everything.
However, users are reminded that beta versions might not always offer the same stability as official OTAs. Installing this update means acknowledging potential software risks. Presently, this open beta release is confined to India and North America. Those in other regions should keep an eye out for future updates.
An exclusive feature is also added to the OxygenOS 14 beta version which is not mentioned in the changelog. As per TechibeeReview our another website, you can set a custom refresh rate for particular apps or all apps at 120 Hz. This was much need feature in the smartphone as some apps were default set to 60 Hz which was not that smooth. Now if the user sets it to 120Hz for all apps then you will smooth and faster experience within the apps.
- Music sound glitches with wired headphones during photo capture.
- Errors like “The system desktop has stopped running” when using third-party fonts.
- Occasional screen flashing when using the navigation bar for app switching.
- Unexpected return to desktop when swiping to close cards in Shelf.
- Dark mode incompatibility with Play Store.
- Missing incoming call notification banner on the desktop.
- “The system interface irresponsible” error on Play Store usage.
OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 3 Changelog:
- Integration of October 2023 Android security patch for better security.
- System stability and performance enhancements.
- Battery life improvements in specific situations.
- Resolved display glitch affecting widgets in Dark mode.
- Fixed issues with third-party payment apps.
- Resolved a sharing problem where photos from an album might not be sent to a chosen app.
For a successful upgrade, ensure:
- Your OnePlus 11 is on the latest OxygenOS 13.1.
- Battery level is above 30%.
- At least 4 GB storage is available.
- Note: Carrier version devices from TMO/Verizon aren’t compatible with this beta.
A new recruitment process for the Open Beta Test is now in place. Applications are open from October 12 until the quota is reached. Once you’ve applied and passed the review, the version will be available for download in Settings.
North American Users:
For those transitioning from the Stable Official version to the Open Beta, follow the given guidelines, ensuring you have the required OxygenOS 13.1 version and have backed up your data.
If you wish to revert to OxygenOS 13, the company has provided a rollback package. However, caution is advised: the rollback will erase all phone data. Hence, a backup is essential.
For detailed upgrade, installation, and rollback steps, refer to OnePlus’ official guidance.