OnePlus fans, get ready to embark on an exciting journey with the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1, specially designed for the OnePlus 11. This eagerly anticipated beta release offers a sneak peek into the latest features and enhancements of OxygenOS 14-based Android 14. This will be the first Open Beta build, where you can get a first look at what’s going to come in the new update. However, users should be aware that beta software may come with a few rough edges, so proceed with caution.
Eligibility and Availability:
For now, the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 is accessible only to users in India and North America. OnePlus fans in other regions are encouraged to stay tuned for updates on availability.
As with any beta release, there are some known issues to be aware of:
- Flight Mode Icon: The flight icon may continue to display on the status bar after turning off flight mode.
- Control Center Issue: Turning on flight mode through the control center might not be responsive.
- Notes App: Users may experience a flashing back issue when entering Notes in the Shelf.
- Health Widget: A black screen issue may occur when opening the step tracker page through the health widget in the Shelf.
- Network Acceleration: The dual-channel network acceleration function may not trigger automatically.
- Quick Launch: Sliding a finger to the icon may not consistently launch the app using Quick Launch.
- Screen Flash: Screen flashes may be observed during application startup animations.
- Gesture Issues: The up-swipe gesture may occasionally fail to respond.
The OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 introduces several key improvements:
- Security and Privacy: Enhanced photo and video-related permission management for safer app access.
- Performance Optimization: Improved system stability, faster app launches, and smoother animations.
- Aquamorphic Design: Upgraded Aquamorphic Design with natural, gentle, and clearer colors for a more comfortable visual experience. This update also includes Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamped system notification sounds.
- User Care: Added a carbon tracking Always-On Display (AOD) that visualizes the carbon emissions saved by walking instead of driving.
Before upgrading to this beta build, ensure that your device is running the latest OxygenOS 13.1 version and has a minimum of 4 GB of available storage space. It’s also recommended that the battery level is above 30%.
Applying for OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 (India):
For OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1, OnePlus 11 users can apply starting September 12 but they will only be accepted because there are some limited seats which is 5000 users. After this application period will be overd.
- Ensure your device is updated to either CPH2447_18.104.22.1680(EX01) or CPH2447_22.214.171.1241(EX01).
- Go to Settings > About device > Tap “Up to date” > Tap the icon on the top right > Beta program > Follow the steps to apply.
- Application acceptance and version distribution will occur within specified timeframes.
Installing OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 (North America):
- Ensure your device is running the designated OxygenOS 13.1 version CPH2451_126.96.36.1990(EX01).
- Download the ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the package to your phone storage.
- Enable Developer Mode by going to Settings > About device > Tap “Build number” seven times.
- Return to Settings > About device > “Up to date” > Click the top right button > Local install > Select the installation package > Extract > Upgrade > Restart your device.
Rolling Back to MP (Stable Official Version):
If you decide to return to the stable official version, follow these steps:
- Download the latest ROM rollback zip package.
- Copy the rollback package to your phone storage.
- Enable Developer Mode.
- Follow the same process as mentioned for installing the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 but use the rollback package instead.
Please note that these steps may vary depending on your region and device version. Make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
Download the Rollback Package for OxygenOS 13:
Galaxy Ring not supported with iPhones – Officially Confirmed
Recently, at the MWC 2024 event, which was held in Barcelona, Samsung’s VP, Hon Pak confirmed that the upcoming Galaxy Ring will not be supported by iPhones. Pak also said that their products are as good as the Apple ones.
There are also very good reasons to switch to Samsung’s ecosystem. Samsung is also working on making their devices compatible with other Android devices as well, not only with their own.
As we already know, Galaxy Ring comes in various sizes. Among them, the smallest one is powered with a battery of 14 mAh, and the largest one comes with a bigger battery of 21.5 mAh which will provide a battery backup of 5-9 days.
Until now, the launch of Galaxy Ring has not been revealed but some rumors suggested that it will launch in the Unpacked Event, which is going to be held in July along with Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Z Flip 6.
What do think about this move taken by Samsung? Do let us know in the comment box. Also, tell us whether you like this post or not.
Is your iPhone or iPad eligible for iOS 18 and iPadOS 18 Update – Here is a list of eligible devices
Every year, Apple announces its new iOS, iPadOS, and MacOS versions in its WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) which will held at Apple Park in June. This year, Apple will announce iOS 18, iPadOS 18, and MacOS 15. The developer Beta of iOS 18 will be available after the announcement at the WWDC event but if we talk about the stable version of iOS 18 and iPadOS 18 update, then it will be available by September. In this post, we will tell you the list of iPhones and iPads that are eligible for the iOS 18 and iPadOS 18 update.
Devices Eligible for iOS 18 and iPadOS 18 Update
First, let’s talk about the list of iPhones, that are eligible for the iOS 18 Update:
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Plus
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
Now, let’s talk about the list of iPads, that are eligible for the iPadOS 18 Update:
- iPad Pro: 2018 and later
- iPad Air: 2019 and later
- iPad mini: 2019 and later
- iPad: 2020 and later
iOS 18 brings new Generative AI support with Siri, design changes, and RCS message support in Apple’s iMessage. If you want to know more about the features of the iOS 18 update, then we have already created a dedicated post for that, do check that out.
Is your iPhone or iPad eligible for iOS 18 or iPadOS 18 update? Do let us know in the comment box. Also, do tell us whether you like this post or not.
Apple has shared full release notes for iOS 17.4 Update along with new Features
Apple, an American-based Tech Giant has recently shared full release notes for the iOS 17.4 update, which is expected to be launched in the first week of the next month i.e. March. If you want to know the upcoming changes or new addons that we get after updating the iPhone to stable iOS 17.4, then we have already posted a dedicated post for that, you can simply check that out by clicking here.
If we talk about them in short, then the upcoming iOS 17.4 update brings major App Store changes in the EU, new emojis, Apple Podcasts transcripts, and an upgrade in the security of Apple’s iMessage. Furthermore, this update also prepares for the launch of the next-generation Apple CarPlay later this year.
As we know, Apple has to follow the EU’s Digital Markets Act. So, to avoid fines, Apple has to roll out the new iOS 17.4 update before the deadline which was given by the EU i.e. 6 March (Wednesday). So, we can expect the iOS 17.4 stable update before or on 6 March. Below listed are the iOS 17.4 U.S. released notes:
– New mushroom, phoenix, lime, broken chain, and shaking heads emoji are now available in the emoji keyboard
– 18 people and body emoji add the option to face them in either direction
– Transcripts let you follow an episode with text that highlights in sync with the audio in English, Spanish, French and German
– Episode text can be read in full, searched for a word or phrase, tapped to play from a specific point and used with accessibility features such as Text Size, Increase Contrast, and VoiceOver
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– Music recognition lets you add songs you have identified to your Apple Music Playlists and Library, as well as Apple Music Classical
– Siri has a new option to announce messages you receive in any supported language
– Stolen Device Protection supports the option for increased security in all locations
– Battery Health in Settings shows battery cycle count, manufacture date, and first use on iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models
– Call Identification displays Apple-verified business name, logo, and department name when available
– Business updates in Messages for Business provide trusted information for order status, flight notifications, fraud alerts or other transactions you opt into
– Apple Cash virtual card numbers enable you to pay with Apple Cash at merchants that don’t yet accept Apple Pay by typing in your number from Wallet or using Safari AutoFill
– Fixes an issue where contact pictures are blank in Find My
– Fixes an issue for Dual SIM users where the phone number changes from primary to secondary and is visible to a group they have messaged
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Devices that are eligible for iOS 17.4 Update
At last, if we talk about the eligible devices for iOS 17.4 Update, then iPhone XS and above models are eligible for this update. Whenever you receive the iOS 17.4 update. To update your iPhone, simply head to Settings > General > Software Update.
Are you guys also waiting for the iOS 17.4 stable update? Do let us know in the comment box. Also, tell us whether you like this post or not.