Oneplus pushed stable update to Oneplus 8 series users on Open beta 3,leading to data loss.
It seems like some users are reporting receiving the Stable update over the Open Beta 3, leading to a full data wipe. This information was already shared with the the software team so it can be checked and addressed. Meanwhile, if you receive an update OTA, please double-confirm if it’s an Open Beta update. If it isn’t, please DO NOT install it.
We strongly suggest you to backup your key data via a cloud service, perform a full backup via OnePlus Switch, and transfer it to a computer or a USB drive for double insurance.
Oneplus Rolled out Stable Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 for Oneplus 8 & 8 pro.
Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 features and changelog:
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby-by performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
Oneplus users running Oxygen OS open beta 3 also getting this ota update.
Oneplus just shared a solution for people having a device that installed the update but did not reboot yet, Download the apk from and install it on device and reboot device.