Oneplus 8 And 8 Pro Receives Hydrogen OS Android 11 Public Beta.
Few days back, Oneplus with collaboration with google released OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8 Series.With OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1, there is new updated layout which makes one-handed operation easier and more intuitive and gives a better and more beautiful overall experience. Also Read: ColorOS 13 new open beta for Oneplus 9 & 9 pro
Now, Oneplus has officially released the full package public beta of Hydrogen OS Android 11 for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in the status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from the upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1, Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
From the stable version of OnePlus 8 /8 Pro to Android 11 OBT1 (Hydrogen OS 11) version:
1. Before upgrading the mobile phone system, it is recommended to use OnePlus Moving to back up mobile phone data.
If you use OnePlus Moving to back up data, the recommended operation path is:
a. Select OnePlus Moving -> Backup and Restore -> New Backup -> Backup Complete;
b. Connect your phone to the computer -> Enter the phone folder -> Internal storage space -> Copy the opbackup folder -> Copy and save the folder to a computer or other storage device;
c. After successfully flashing back to the stable version, copy the opbackup folder back to the phone root directory -> OnePlus Move -> Backup and Restore -> Restore the backup.
2. Download the latest ROM upgrade compressed package from the designated server and then Copy the ROM upgrade compressed package to the phone storage
3. Settings -> System upgrade -> Gear icon in the upper right corner -> Local upgrade -> Click the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade now -> System upgrade completed to 100%
4. Select Restart
5. After restarting, successfully upgrade the Android 11 OBT1 (Hydrogen OS 11) version
Hydrogen OS 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8
Hydrogen OS 11 Open Beta 1 For Oneplus 8 Pro
Revert to the stable version from OnePlus 8 /8 Pro Android 11 OBT1 (Hydrogen OS 11):
This The upgrade method will erase all content in the phone, please make sure to back it up first.
1. Download the downgrade package from the designated download address and Copy to the root directory (if you download directly to the root directory, please ignore this step)
2. Settings -> System Upgrade -> The icon in the upper right corner -> Local upgrade -> Click the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade now -> The system upgrade is completed to 100%
3. Select Restart
4. After restarting, the upgrade to the stable version is successful
Hydrogen OS 10 (Android 10) for Oneplus 8
Hydrogen OS 10 (Android 10) for Oneplus 8Pro
Also read: CarbonROM 8.0 adds support for the OnePlus 7 And 7T Pro
For the latest TechNews and Reviews, follow Techibee on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.